Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cupcakes of Westdale Village...a tasty treat!


Today I picked up a super tasty treat for Paul (my fiancé) and myself...some delicious cupcakes from Cupcakes of Westdale Village! If you live nearby Hamilton, Ontario, Canada - or ever find yourself in the area - I suggest treating yourself to these yummy handmade treats! From the ten different varieties that they had on sale, I decided on the following (from left to right, top to bottom in the first image): Peppermint Patty, Red Velvet, Vanilla Vanilla, Chocolate Chocolate, and two of the Peanut Butter Cup (I knew this would be a favorite and decided to get one for myself and one for Paul).

While these cupcakes don't come cheap ($13.00 / half dozen, or $2.50 per cupcake), I lucked into their "Toonie Tuesday" special today at $2.00 per cupcake. The cupcakes are definitely worth the price, as they are all baked with the finest ingredients in small batches in the shop. They're way better than any cake-mix or grocery store cupcake you will ever find, that's for sure!

It was my first time visiting the store and it was a delightful shop - very cute inside, and I love how all of the cupcakes were wonderfully displayed on the counter. There are even little cupcakes that you can buy for your dog, topped with a little dog biscuit on the top! They also have a large collection of little plastic cupcake toppers that you can purchase to personalize your cupcakes.

So far, we've devoured three of the cupcakes and they were delicious! The cake was light, fluffy, and full of flavor; the icing added a great sweetness but definitely wasn't sickingly sugary. I highly recommend supporting this local small business - check out Cupcakes if you get the chance!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Yummmmmm! Beautiful pics!

Kari said...

Those look soooo good! Especially that red velvet one, yum-yum!

Estela said...

awwww I'm hungry now!

Margeaux said...

That shop sounds adorable! I wish there was a good cake shop near me.

Anonymous said...

While the shop sounds very appealing, I think you should try the bakery down the street, Weils of Westdale. Their cupcakes are to die for!! So much cheaper and they make amazing, creative cakes from scratch! I have gotten a cake from Weils for every one of my birthdays and they get better every year! I cannot reccomend this place highly enough, if you have a sweet tooth, you shouldn't miss out!!