Monday, December 24, 2012

Reached my Goal on Goodreads!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Lauren has completed her goal of reading 15 books in 2012!
hide

I've reached my goal of reading 15 books this year on Goodreads! I love to read and challenged myself to read 15 books this year. I reached this goal part way through December and I've started a new book - getting a head start on next year! 

Goodreads is an awesome website where you can track what books you are reading, read and submit user reviews, and discover new books. I've found it to be fantastic when I'm looking for a new book to read - there are recommended books according to books you've read in the past, and the site seems to continually recommend books that I enjoy. Also, if you know anyone else who uses the site, you can check and see what your friends are reading and perhaps read the same books together.

Here are the books that I read. I was on a huge Haruki Murakami kick. He's my favorite author and I think I've read almost every book of his by now!

1Q84 - Haruki Murakami
The Lake - Banana Yoshimoto
Cruise Confidential - Brian David Bruns
The Flame Alphabet - Ben Marcus
Ship for Brains - Brian David Bruns
After Dark - Haruki Murakami
Ready Player One - Ernest Cline
The Japanese Wife - Kunal Basu
The Book of Negros - Lawrence Hill
Mr. Fox - Helen Oyeyemi
Norwegian Wood - Haruki Murakami
The China Study - Dr. T. Colin Campbell
South of the Border, West of the Sun - Haruki Murakami
Sputnik Sweetheart - Haruki Murakami
Dance Dance Dance - Haruki Murakami

If you're a member (or you join!) Goodreads, be sure to add me as a friend on there! Will you be challenging yourself to read in the new year? Maybe it will be a part of your New Year's resolution! I think I will be challenging myself to read 20 books this coming year.

Also...Merry Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas everyone! All the best for the holiday season!

No comments: