Saturday, February 9, 2013

Crazy Snow Storms and a Weekend for Knitting


Wow, what a day it was yesterday! Here in the Toronto area, we got hit hard with a huge snowstorm and unfortunately, I had to drive to work through it. Thankfully, even though it took me a really long time to get there, I took it slowly and got there without any problems. Today, it has been a bright and sunny day out so far, which helps make it feel like it isn't so frigidly cold outside! Also, the sun is heating up the house quite nicely and I'm enjoying the brightness after a whole bunch of dark and stormy days.


Even though I detest driving through the snow, it does look so pretty now! The first two pictures show how the ice and frost has left a really beautiful pattern on the enclosed porch of the house. The snow is blanketing everything in the backyard - the trees, the deck, and the roof of the shed. As you can see in the next couple of photos, we got at least a foot of snow, if not more than that!



Since I don't have to work all weekend, I'm sure I will be knitting quite a bit! I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend. I already did some errands this morning (the grocery store was packed with people!) and went to the gym, so now I'm already back in my comfies for a quiet evening.

I'm still working on Ravinia - a beautiful cardigan made from a kit that I purchased at Knitters Frolic a while back! I'm making some great progress on it - just one more sleeve to go, and then the edges! Could I finish it this weekend? It's a possibility!



I'm a little bit concerned that it is going to be a little bit too small, but I'm hoping that blocking the sweater will help with that. I just love how it's looking so far and I can't wait to wear it!

No comments: