Saturday, March 9, 2013

Knit-a-Square Charity: More Knit Squares!



Last year, I wrote about a charity that I am knitting for called Knit-a-Square. The Knit a Square project involves knitters and crocheters from all over the world making 8x8" squares and mailing them to South Africa. The squares are assembled into blankets that are donated to African children that live in great poverty. Many of the children are AIDS orphans or have been abandoned completely. The Knit-a-Square project has been ongoing since 2008 and so many crafters from all over the world have created squares for blankets, hats, and even entire sweaters for the children.


If you're an avid knitter or crocheter like I am, you probably have lots of odds and ends of yarn laying around. I have been saving all of my extra yarn to be knit into squares for the Knit a Square project. I have been really busy lately knitting lots of squares so I can send a whole bunch of them off at once to Africa to be made into blankets! As you can see, I have quite a few knitted together and I am still making a few more before I mail them.


I am keeping a tally of squares that I donate on the sidebar of my blog. Once I mail these ones, I will add them to the growing total of squares!

1 comment:

Aimee Dars said...

What a wonderful project!