Thursday, April 18, 2013

FO: Ravinia Cardigan Sweater


Ravinia is finally completed! I finally finished all of the knitting, stitching in the ends, sewing the buttons on, and the blocking...and it looks beautiful and fits perfectly! This project has been a long time in the making. I originally bought the yarn and the kit back in April of 2011 at Knitter's Frolic. Then, I casted on back in July of 2012 and everything was looking great.  In February 2013, I had knitted the base of the sweater and just had one arm to go! And it is finally done, and we traveled to the conservation area at Mount Nemo to take some photos (thanks, Paul!)!


I purchased these beautiful handmade wooden buttons from Anthony's Wood Shop on Etsy.  The purple wooden buttons match perfectly with the purple-gray yarn. 

The yarn I used came with the kit - Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport Solid in "58ns Kerfuffle". I knitted this in a size small.  Here is a link to my Ravelry page for the project!


I love how this cardigan can be worn with the buttons done up, undone, or partially done up for a whole bunch of different styles - and they all look good! The actual knit pattern is beautiful and stylish.


One of the best parts about knitting this sweater? It is all knit in one piece! No sewing sections together at all. The finishing only involves stitching in the yarn ends. From the Ravelry page:

The design begins from the neck down and is worked in a circular fashion to the bust line. The body is then knit from the hem up in an easy lace pattern and joined using a three needle bind off.


Thanks for checking out a finished project that was a long time in the making (as most sweaters tend to be for me!)

No comments: